07 December 2013

RIP Tata Madiba (former South African President, Nelson R Mandela)

Hello Everyone



Tonight I'd like to share with you a layout I did in honour of our former President, Nelson R. Mandela . . . I wanted this layout to be truly special to honour the great man who brought freedom to my beautiful country, South Africa . . . 

I knew exactly what I wanted my layout to look like, for a few days before I'd seen the layout for the scraplift challenge at www.Digidesignresort.com and knew that it would be perfect for what I intended. 

Please, humour me a few moments as I detail some of my thinking and symbolism behind my layout. 

To me the contrast of black to red symbolised the shift from the darkness of apartheid to the new South Africa full of promise... the touches of red and green, to me, symbolise the love and peace and relationships that have been rebuilt with thanks to him. The butterfly for hope and the transformation we've undergone in becoming one nation once more. The key, a reminder that we have in our hands the key to a better tomorrow. The clock and gadgets, for his (Tata Madiba's) time with us, and his service in getting the government and other mechanisms of SA working once more. The touches of white, for his purity of heart and intention, that guided us through a very difficult time. The large light feather "angel wings" for his passing... 

I pray that indeed we will not just remember this great man by name and a recital of the good he's done, but instead, that we will strive for generations to come, to implement all that we have learnt from him, and take up his challenge of giving back and uplifting South Africa to the greatness she deserves, improving the condition of those who are challenged and exceed even his greatest dreams of peace, love and brotherhood... 

With the passing of time, may future generations continue to be passionate and motivated to serve and uplift, never losing the lessons, only the heartache and prejudices and may their future always shine with hope and promise... 

My thoughts and prayers are with his family and loved ones. May God grant them comfort in this trying time.

Happy Holidays everyone!
Daydreamer
(layout scrapped using Feli Design and Lila's kit called Beyond the Darkness, the black background & paperscrap is from Hocus Pocus Collab kit and the frame from Cajoline Design's - Don't forget me kit)

No comments: